Over Mother’s Day Weekend Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg claimed he had a case of food poisoning after eating an undercooked burger from Shake Shack at Citi Field (home of the Mets).
NY Mets first-baseman Lucas Duda also claimed he came down with food poisoning from eating Shake Shack. it was initially reported Duda ate from the Shake Shack at Citi Field but it was later reported he actually ate from a different Shake Shack.
For Mets fans Shake Shack is just about the best thing going for the Mets right now outside of pre/post game drinks at McFaddens with my favorite bartenders. Mets fans can handle the disappoint of the Mets but say it ain’t so about Shake Shack!!!
The NY Mets and Shake Shack quickly denied it was their burgers that caused Sandberg’s illness.
“We’ve served thousands of guests at our Citi Field Shack over the past week, and this is the first we’ve heard of any issue whatsoever,”
“We take every guest concern of any sort seriously, and as such reached out to Ryne Sandberg to get more information since we have not heard from him. We stand by our food quality 100 percent.” – Shake Shack spokesman Greg Waters
As of this morning it looks Sandberg and Shake Shack were able to talk it out as Shake Shack’s Twitter account sent out the following pic
Good job by Shake Shack to work this out with Sandberg, not sure what Mets fans would have done if they could not rely on Shake Shack.
If there is something to be said, “It’s On Broadway” to step up and say it!!