If Jeb Bush wants to separate himself from his younger brother, former President George W Bush, then he’s doing a piss poor job.
Jeb Bush announced his tax cut plan to grow the economy close to a 4% clip
- Cut the top individual tax rate from 39.6 to 28 percent
- Cut the corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent
- Cut the capital gains tax rate from 23.8 to 20 percent
- Get rid of the estate and alternative minimum taxes
- Strictly limit deductions other than for charitable giving
- Allow businesses to immediately expense their capital investments,
- Double the standard deduction and expand the Earned Income Tax Credit
So here we go again, Jeb wants to cut taxes for the top 1% and extend the Earned Income Tax Credit for the low-income….
But what about the MIDDLE CLASS!!!
During George W Bush run he had a similar tax cut for the top 1%, and the result of that was the top earners taking up 66% of all income gained. Where was the trickle down that was supposed to help everyone else?
And why should this plan work now when it didn’t work for Dubya?
SMH, Jeb Bush has talked about income inequality but this tax plan is a slap in the face of those who REALLY want to end income inequality.
Sorry Jeb Bush, but your dreams of the economy growing at a 4% rate is pipe dream if you leave the middle class behind.
If there is something to be said, “It’s On Broadway” to step up and say it!!