As of today the New York Mets are in 1st place, 8-games above .500, with 54-games left in the season.
That’s right, you read that correctly!
The Mets and their loyal fan base (which includes me) have had an eventful 14-days since they made their first move before the trade deadline (July 31st at 4pm).
- Wilmer Flores shed tears when he thought he was part of deal that would bring Carlos Gomez back to NYC
- The Carlos Gomez deal falls thru and Flores earns the sympathy of Mets fans and many in baseball
- The Mets trade for Yoenis Cespedes, the big bat they so desperately needed right before the trade deadline expired
- Shaking off the tears from 2-days prior Flores hits a walk-off home run against the Washington Nationals to start a series sweep that would vault the Mets into 1st place
For loyal Mets fans who have not seen a winning season since 2008, we welcome the joys of a winning season and a pennant race. And we also welcome the band wagon fans, but here are a couple of tips for all you “New” Mets’ fans….
5. No one cares you haven’t watched the Mets since Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez and Mookie Wilson played
4. There is more to Citi Field than just Shake Shack
3. Don’t EVER, EVER, EVER bring up Luis Castillo
2. Don’t talk about the Mets still paying Bobby Bonilla, IT”S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!!!!
1. It’s called Citi Field, not Shea Stadium. You simple fuck the Mets haven’t played at Shea since 2008!
If there is something to be said, “It’s On Broadway” to step up and say it!!